Saturday, October 16, 2010





Long day. I woke up at 5 a.m. when Nathan got up to do his papers. Started some laundry. Got Nate and Garrett to the church so they could go to an all day harvest party a couple of hours away. Back home, and cleaning the kitchen. Trying to find all the cobwebs hiding up in my beams. Curtains washed and put back up. Door windows mostly cleaned (until the dog decided he needed to see outside). Various odds and ends going on. Grocery shopping. Now, three pans of lasagna in the refrigerator to pop in the oven for lunch! Some of us will be heading to an apple festival after lunch, so I'd like to have something that can be ready and we can get going.

I'm going to try and finish reading "The Holiness of God" before I go to sleep tonight. Very simply written (I like that!) but it really is giving me a lot to think about. The difference between God's mercy and His judgment - both always righteous. And how we (like the Old Testament Hebrews) come to expect Him to always be only merciful and are shocked when He metes out justice. Which He has to do - He is Holy.

Looking forward to church tomorrow. I'm trying to be ready as much as possible tonight, so that I can get everyone going in the morning and still be ready to worship!

....Holy, holy, holy is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of His glory.
Isaiah 6:3
.......
Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.
Revelation 4:8

No comments:

Post a Comment