Monday, October 4, 2010

Day 4!

This isn't quite as simple as I thought it would be, posting each day of October. These past few days have been so busy and I don't really seem to have anything profound to say here.
Samuel had a 3 month evaluation today. He did very well - showed off his new signs (tree, book, sort of mama, and a couple of others), did very well with some of the puzzle toys, played the itsy-bitsy spider, and ring around the rosy, and said "bed." We're making progress!!

In the kitchen, I turned a fresh ham into black bean chili/soup, and a batch of porkette. That should last a couple of days, anyway! Some of the soup went to a soccer game with my two older boys, Nathan, 17, and Garrett, 14. The team played in a constant drizzle..... and they lost...... sigh. Then back home to get warm and fed, and now pretty much everyone has gone to bed. Sam and Braedan, 3, and I sang "Jesus Loves Me" and "Jesus, Name Above All Names," complete with the signs.

I got to hear a part of a radio message this morning about the grace of God. I am so humbled and amazed that He can love someone like me, who messes up daily. But He does. His Word tells me that ("the Bible tells me so!"), and I am putting my trust and faith in Him that because He loves me, He will work within me, for His Glory.
Phil. 1:6
For I am
confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
So, I can expect great things of a great God!

No comments:

Post a Comment