Sunday, October 17, 2010


I plan on being quick here tonight. I need sleep! And I have a terrible tendency to NOT get off the computer at an appropriate time.

Since today was Sunday, and I made it to both services and choir practice - something that I haven't been very regular lately - I find this quote from Susannah Wesley very interesting.

Help me, Lord, to remember that religion (Christianity) is not to be confined to the church ... nor exercised only in prayer and meditation, but that everywhere I am in Thy Presence. Susanna Wesley

And where am I not in His presence? Do my children see me live my Christianity? Does my husband? Do my choices of how I spend my time reflect a Christ-like attitude? My pastor's message this morning (a good, timely one) touched on this. And, as I face a Monday, the "start" of the working week, I'm praying and meditating on the ways I spend my time. That I would "redeem the time."

See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, redeeming the time because the days are evil.
Ephesians 5:15-16








No comments:

Post a Comment