Friday, October 1, 2010

31 for 21

October is Down Syndrome Awareness Month. So... I think I'm going to commit to posting something each day of October (31 for 21 - Trisomy 21 is Down Syndrome). Maybe that way I'll get in the habit of actually using this blog!

In honor of that topic, I guess my first post should have something to do with Samuel, my presently not-too-thrilled two-year-old, who just happens to have T-21. The not-too-thrilled part comes about due to the fact that he has been put to bed. I snuggled, I sang, I prayed, so it's time. I think he's just too tired.

It's quiet here tonight. Only four of the 11 children are in, and one of them is getting ready to go meet a friend. Two of the others are asleep, and from the sounds of things, Samuel is heading in that direction, too. The rest are at the Bloomsburg Fair. We are a 4H family, and six of the brood have hogs and sheep there this week, and tonight is auction night. So I'm going to have a little time to myself. What to do?! I think I'd better get some paperwork organizing for school that I keep putting off because Samuel enjoys "helping." The usual two-year-old stuff. Which, given the T-21, I appreciate more than with some of the other children. Usually! He is a wonderful, active, curious little man, and I am so thankful to have been blessed to have him in our family.

For you formed my inward parts;
you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well.
My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there was none of them. Psalm 139:13-16

God is good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment