Friday, October 14, 2011

Dirty Laundry

No, seriously, I've got a boatload of dirty laundry, the sort it out, haul it to the washing machine in the basement, load it up and get the machine going, switch it over, take it out, fold it..... and then, ideally, put it away type. And some of it's pretty gross. The kids washed sheep today, then got them to the fairgrounds, did all the maintenance type stuff and had their show. It rained most of the day, so there's mud, sweat, grease from the lambs, and stuff that looks like mud, but, well, I'm pretty sure isn't! Most of the older ones do their own laundry, I just try to oversee the boys on these types of loads, and consolidate some of them. 
I spent the day here with just the two younger boys. Samuel had therapy this morning. He really is beginning to use more word approximations and doing it deliberately. He also colored for a bit, and I realize I'm not having him do some of the typical toddler things. Not because I don't think he can, but because I've been too lazy! So if I want Samuel to succeed at things which may be a little harder for him..... what kind of example am I setting? What kinds of opportunities am I allowing him? To be honest, today I had projects I wanted to work on by myself, and with no older children to occupy him... I let him and Braedan plop down in front of the television for most of the day. Not quite mother of the year material! Even this post is lame tonight. I am aware of this. I will attempt to do better on all counts tomorrow. But I have posted, I have folded laundry, I am ready to throw another load in, there are all kinds of plans in my head for tomorrow - hopefully there will be bodies to help me accomplish those!
Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment