Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Dusting off this old thing and starting again....

Okay, it's really been a while. But I'm still here, and I think it's time to get this thing going again!
I guess one of the things that have made me put off blogging again the question "do I catch up, or just start in the middle of where I am now?" I'm opting for a mixture of both, I guess - mainly life as it is now, with catching up mixed in now and then.
One of the things I'm in the middle of right now is attempting to rid my house (and my life, I guess) of the things that I don't really need. I'm admitting right from the start that the word "need" is not necessarily literal! But we just have soooooo much stuff! And since we are at that in between school year season, now seems to be a good time to dig in. It will be interesting to see what I'm actually willing to part with when push comes to shove! I know that clearing the excess from our home will go a long way to promoting a peaceful atmosphere.

"Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful." William Morris "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." Leonardo do Vinci


And finally,

So, whatever you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31

I guess I might say "whatever you have." If I'm not using it in a way that glorifies Him, I don't need it. And just letting things sit around doesn't usually glorify Him.

On the note of catching up, in the months since I've posted, my father passed away. I'm only beginning to process this. I will be writing about him more as time goes on. I guess for now I can say that his passing has me thinking about what is really important in this life. Maybe that's why I want to get rid of some of what's not so important, so I can focus on the good stuff.
I love you, Dad.




No comments:

Post a Comment