Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I'm back

Did you miss me?! I recently found out that some people are reading this! Thanks!

We're into the month of November (I almost typed December - let's not make this year any more than it already is!). So, this being the month of November, I'm going to go with a "thankful" theme in my posts!

Psalm 100
His Steadfast Love Endures Forever
A Psalm for giving thanks.

Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth!
Serve the Lord with gladness!
Come into his presence with singing!
Know that the Lord, he is God!
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving,
and his courts with praise!
Give thanks to him; bless his name!
For the Lord is good;
his steadfast love endures forever,
and his faithfulness to all generations.
(English Standard Version)

I have to start out my month of thanksgiving by doing as this Psalm says - giving thanks to Him and blessing His Name! And I'm also thankful for His Word, which tells us about Him and the lives He wants us to live, and how to be closer to Him. In a practical application of my thankfulness to Him, I'm committing to being more faithful in my devotions. I had been reading through the New Testament at a concentrated pace, but got sidetracked by .... well, by nothing all that important, I guess. So I'm getting back to that.

Another thing I've been thinking about is much "stuff" I have and how it much time it takes to take care of it. I spent part of this evening going through clothes with a couple of the boys, having them try on different sizes of cooler weather clothes. We've just got way too much. (Alex has about 4 pairs of khaki pants - really?! ) So I'm going to be "de-junking" as much as possible before the holidays. Maybe I can bless others who need what I've got too much of!

It's time to get off this thing and get to sleep. I was talking to my stepmother and she mentioned posting some of my recipes. If anyone is looking for anything in particular, just leave a comment. Right now we're looking at different appetizer recipes for a certain daughter's wedding reception. Any suggestions?

Off to bed (after I switch laundry loads - my hamper overfloweth!)
It's really neat knowing that some people are actually reading this! So, I'll close with this:

The grace of our Lord, Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen Romans 16:24




No comments:

Post a Comment